Today we are celebrating Marissa's 18th anniversary with OSS!
Like many of our clinic team, Marissa visited our office during an internship as an IPFW Dental Assisting student. She started working at our office immediately after graduation in 2002. Marissa currently works as a Clinic Tech and also as our Clinic Team Leader. Clinic tech roles include: putting braces on teeth, bending and placing wires, taking impressions, fitting for appliances, taking x-rays, photos and intra-oral scans. Marissa's role as our Clinic Team Leader includes: helping Dr. Aron put together presentations for dental professionals and medical doctors. She puts together studies of the mechanics and materials we use in the office. She assists in interviewing new hires, handles clinic team performance reviews, coordinates job shadows and rotations for college student internships.
Marissa was raised in Churubusco and still resides in that area. She's married and a mom to two active kiddos. She enjoys spending time outdoors, time with family, and exercising. If it involves being outside then you can almost guarantee that she will be there!
Now onto some fun facts:
• Marissa did not have braces as child, but that changed in 2004. She now has a beautiful OSS smile and still continues to wear her retainers EVERY night!
• Marissa, her husband and two kids recently got dirt bikes. This is currently their favorite thing to do as family.
• She can run a bulldozer and once helped clear an entire field of trees.
• She can bait her own hook when fishing [but can she take the fish off the hook? HA!]
•She hates to fly [even on short trips], but took an extended visit to China several years ago.
• Marissa completed a triathlon in 2017 and finished 5th in her age group! [You’ll often see her running during lunch hour – she’s addicted!]
Marissa has the unique ability to be a leader and a friend simultaneously. She's a great listener, is sympathetic, gives advice when necessary and is one of those people that you know you can always turn to for anything. She's an amazing team member and we are SO grateful for all she does! Thank you, Marissa, for being you and for being such a huge blessing to the our team! Congrats on 18 YEARS with OSS!