Our Office’s Safety Precautions
The safety of our patients, their families and our team members has always been at the forefront of our concerns. Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, we followed a very stringent routine in sanitizing the office and wearing PPE (personal protective equipment). Following are the changes we’ve implemented:
- All team members are self-monitoring themselves and family members for symptoms and have their temperature taken twice daily.
- All team members wear facemasks when in common areas with patients present.
- KN95 and N95 masks as well as face shields have been added to our existing PPE.
- Patients are asked to wait in their vehicles.
- All patients, parents/guardians and other visitors have their temperature screened upon entering the building. Patients complete a COVID health questionnaire before each appointment.
- There are minimal chairs in our reception area and they are spaced to respect social distancing.
- In most circumstances, only the patient is allowed to enter the office.
- We clean and disinfect the public areas frequently.
- We have suspended the use of the gaming systems.
- We have suspended the public use of the coffee bar area.
If you have an upcoming appointment, please contact our office if you experience any of the following:
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Muscle Aches
By following basic precautions, we can all help to prevent the spread of germs. We recommend that you follow the CDC guidelines:
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with hot water and soap
- Maintain at least six feet of distance between you and others
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and sanitize frequently touched objects and surfaces (including your cell phone)
- Stay at home if you do not feel well.
Feel free to contact our office at 1-800-999-2815, if you have any questions about our COVID-19 protocols.